Book a Counselling or Coaching Appointment Online
Online Booking and Payment with instant confirmation
Face-to-face sessions will be conducted at our centrally located offices at Lvl 17, 9 Castlereagh Street, Sydney CBD, NSW 2000, Australia.
Telehealth/Online Counselling & Coaching sessions are held using industry standard Zoom video software, a secure and encrypted video platform. Once your appointment is confirmed, we will email you instructions on how to access the software. Please note that we do not conduct meetings over Whatsapp or Skype because value your safety and confidentiality and we cannot ensure complete confidentiality of the Video and any Messenger chat over these platforms. For more information on Zoom, privacy and confidentiality please see our Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) page.
Medicare rebates for eligible mental health conditions
Fees for counselling services
The fees shown on this website will apply to your first appointment if booking through the website and shall apply for that booking. As part of the assessment during your first appointment, we will advise you as to whether your future appointments will be at the rates advertised on this website or not.
Prior to your Counselling appointment, we will require you to complete both a Client Questionnaire and acknowledge our Confidentiality and Cancellations Policy. If you are booking your first appointment with us, the guidance for completing these documents will be emailed to you prior to your appointment. Please note there is a 24-hr Cancellation policy. If sessions are cancelled less than 24-hrs in advance full payment for the session is required.
If you need urgent help
- The service offered by Aware Psychology and Coaching is not an acute service. In cases of emergency in Australia, please contact public emergency services immediately by dialling “000” by telephone. We are not responsible for any loss, damage, cost, expense, action, claim, demand, proceeding, injury or liability suffered by any person as a result of a failure by that person or any other person to contact public emergency services.
- If you are thinking about suicide, if you are considering taking actions that may cause harm to you or to others, if you feel that you or any other person may be in any danger, or if you have any medical emergency, you must immediately “000” and notify the relevant authorities. If you are in Australia you can also contact Lifeline 24 hours a day on 13 11 14
If you have an approved referral
If you are making an appointment in any of the following categories, with an approved referral and are eligible for free or discounted services please use the relevant coupon code during the booking process. The discount will be reflected prior to completing the booking process.
- Australian Defence Force – use coupon code “ADF”
- Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service – use coupon code “VVCS”
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs – use coupon code “DVA”
- Employee Assistance Programme – use coupon code “EAP”