Book a Counselling Appointment
Book your appointment
Face-to-face sessions will be conducted at our centrally located offices at Lvl 17, 9 Castlereagh Street, Sydney CBD, NSW 2000, Australia.
Telehealth/Online Counselling & Coaching sessions are held using industry standard Zoom video software, a secure and encrypted video platform. Once your appointment is confirmed, we will email you instructions on how to access the software. Please note that we do not conduct meetings over Whatsapp or Skype because value your safety and confidentiality and we cannot ensure complete confidentiality of the Video and any Messenger chat over these platforms. For more information on Zoom, privacy and confidentiality please see our Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ) page.
Telehealth services with a Psychologist are now available under Medicare. To be eligible to receive these services you must: have an eligible mental health condition and a referral from a GP or psychiatrist; live in an eligible rural, remote or very remote location; be located at least 15 kilometres by road from the mental health professional; not be a patient of an emergency department or admitted to hospital at the time of the service. You may still access online counselling without the Medicare rebate if you do not meet these criteria for the full fee will apply.
Please check with your private health insurance for rebate eligibility. Prior to your Counselling appointment, we will require you to complete both a Client Questionnaire and acknowledge our Confidentiality and Cancellations Policy. If you are booking your first appointment with us, the guidance for completing these documents will be emailed to you prior to your appointment.
Please note there is a 24-hr Cancellation policy. If sessions are cancelled less than 24-hrs in advance full payment for the session is required.
Fees for counselling sessions
Our regular fee’s for counselling services start from $170 (before any Medicare rebate) – please call or email us to enquire and book an appointment.
In order to ensure that affordable mental health care is available to all, we make a small number of discounted sessions available. If you are affected by hardship and are unable to afford our standard rates, please get in touch to check availability.
If you have an approved referral
If you are making an appointment in any of the following categories, with an approved referral and are eligible for free or discounted services please let us know at the time of booking.
- Australian Defence Force
- Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you need urgent help
- The service offered by Aware Psychology and Coaching is not an acute service. In cases of emergency in Australia, please contact public emergency services immediately by dialling “000” by telephone. We are not responsible for any loss, damage, cost, expense, action, claim, demand, proceeding, injury or liability suffered by any person as a result of a failure by that person or any other person to contact public emergency services.
- If you are thinking about suicide, if you are considering taking actions that may cause harm to you or to others, if you feel that you or any other person may be in any danger, or if you have any medical emergency, you must immediately “000” and notify the relevant authorities. If you are in Australia you can also contact Lifeline 24 hours a day on 13 11 14